- 2 Chopped Onion
- 2 Sticks CeleryRoughly chopped
- 2 CarrotsPeeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 PotatoesPeeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1.2 litres Chicken Stock
- 300g Chicken BreastCooked skinless and roughly shredded
- 1 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsleychopped
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
What do we associate with winter? A heart warming soup! Hearty and packed with fresh veg, adding chicken makes a classic chicken soup, good for your body and ultimately comforting.
Why not use leftovers to help your budget go further, by using any leftover root vegetables and/or leftover chicken poached or roasted to bulk this soup out, making it go so much further.
Place the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the cooked chicken and parsley, season well and cook until heated through. Serve Hot.
Speed up with SP
To make it SP