- 800g Pork LoinAll fat removed, Chopped into chunks
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 3 Any Colour PeppersDeseeded & Chopped
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 6 Spring OnionsSliced
- 1 Plus Juice Orange Zest
- 1cm Root GingerPeeled & Grated
- 2 Garlic ClovesSliced
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 level tbsp Dark Muscocado Sugar
- 3 Sticks Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 10 Black Peppercorn
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 level tbsp CornflourMixed with 2 tbsp cold water
Five Spice Pork is another wonderful dish for the Friday Night Fake-away. With its beautiful aromatic Asian spices which are a delight to the senses. A great dish for the slow cooker so you have it ready for when you get home from a busy day at work.
If you don’t have a slow cooker! don’t panic you can pop it into a casserole dish and cook for a couple of hours @ approx 130 C
Use a large non stick frying pan, spray with low calorie cooking spray and brown off the chunks of pork.
Add all ingreients into the slow cooker, mix well and pop on the lid. leave on for 7 hours.
Season to your own taste serve with some rice and stir fry vegetables. Enjoy